PTA REMINDERS & UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Until November 11, 2018: The following Grants are being offered by National PTA and their sponsors with upcoming due date of November 11! Check out Grants here!
- APPLY TODAY!
- PTA Connected Be Internet Awesome Grant from Google will provide 200 local PTAs in all 54 state congresses with $1000 and a fully loaded Be Internet Awesome Google Pixelbook toolkit to power a Be Internet Awesome family workshop from January 1 – May 1, 2019. The program for this event is designed to provide parents with the resources they need to answer their questions on digital safety and citizenship. Attendees will leave the event with tools to help them continue this conversation with their family on an ongoing basis.
- PTA Connected with Facebook Grant will provide 200 local PTAs in all 54 state congresses with $1000 to support their PTA in hosting a Digital Families Community Event from January 1 – May 1, 2019. The program for this event will empower families to have honest conversations about digital literacy, safety, and citizenship.
- NOVA District PTA Receives STEM + Families Science Festival Grant of $500 as a previous Bayer Grant recipient! Look for more information on our STEM + Families Science Festival focused on students with disabilities, in partnership with the Fairfax County SEPTA and Arlington County SEPTA! We’re looking for sponsors to support our district wide event, so if you have contacts or want to help, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- January 26-28, 2019 – Registration is OPEN for Virginia PTA’s 2019 Annual Meeting and Advocacy Conference. January 28 is Virginia PTA’s Day at the General Assembly when PTA members meet and engage with their state Senators and Delegates at the State Capitol! PLEASE REGISTER TODAY!
- Now until January 31, 2019: Local leaders to register with the National PTA for the 2018-2019 Reflections Program.
STUDENT PROGRAMS – 2018-19 school year:
- December 1: 2020-2021 Reflections Theme submission due to VA PTA. Download Theme Search packet here. Each local PTA/PTSA may submit up to 5 suggested themes to Virginia PTA by December 1, 2018. VA PTA will vote on top 5 to submit to National PTA who will then choose one for the 2020-2021 Reflections theme. The winning student receives $100 from National PTA.
- February 1: Student Citizenship Essay “What Do I Stand For?” application due to NOVA District PTA Director via USPS or email (NOVA District PTA application attached)
- February 4: VA PTA Power Plates Submission Due to Health & Safety Committee (application attached)
- March 1: VA PTA Senior Scholarship Award Application due to VA PTA via USPS with December 1 PTSA membership verfication (application attached)
- April 8: NOVA District PTA Student Awards Ceremony, 7 p.m., TJHSST Auditorium, RSVP will open February/March 2019 (District Student Awards will include Reflections, Citizenship Essay, Power Plates, and Scholarships)
In early November, we will distribute NOVA District PTA and VA PTA Family Engagement nomination packets to submit back to the NOVA District PTA by March 1, 2019!
National PTA provides grants and awards throughout the school year. Check them out and apply to win!
Your partners in PTA,
Director – Debbie Kilpatrick
Assistant Director – Tony Shivers
Secretary/Treasurer – Denise Bolton
Please Like: https://www.facebook.com/NOVADistrictPTA/