PTA REMINDERS & UPCOMING EVENTS:
- NOVA District PTA Citizenship Essay Award Winners Announced! The theme for the 2018-2019 school year is “What Do I Stand For?” Congratulations to the winners and to all the students that submitted entries! Winners will advance to the Virginia PTA for consideration!
- NOVA District PTA Receives STEM + Families Science Festival Grant of $500 as a previous Bayer Grant recipient! Look for more information on our STEM + Families Science Festival focused on students with disabilities, in partnership with the Fairfax County SEPTA and Arlington County SEPTA! We’re looking for sponsors to support our district wide event, so if you have contacts or want to help, please contact us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 8, 2019 – NOVA District PTA Student Awards Ceremony will be held on Monday, April 8 starting at 6:30 pm at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria. Congratulations to the Virginia PTA Reflections Program and NOVA District PTA Citizenship Essay winners! RSVP for this free event!
- April 25, 2019 – 10:00AM and 7:30PM – NOVA District PTA membership-wide conference calls – Proposed National PTA Dues Increase
- May 1, 2019 – National PTA announces 2018-2019 National PTA Reflections Program winner via Facebook Live! Event begins at 1:00pm (ET). Good luck, Virginia students! Honorees will be celebrated during the National PTA’s Convention & Expo in June 2019.
- May 5, 2019 – NOVA District PTA Annual Meeting and Awards Reception will be held on Sunday, May 5, 2:30 -5:00 pm at the Mount Vernon Country Club in Alexandria. Please RSVP by May 3, 2019. The cost is only $15.00 per person. Food and refreshments will be provided.
- May 7, 2019 – 7:00PM – NOVA District PTA Informational Workshop – STEM Education and the Future of Robotics. Please REGISTER TODAY for this FREE event. Refreshments will be provided.
- May 18, 2019 – 1:00PM – 3:00PM – NOVA District PTA iSTEAM Event – Partnering with Fairfax County Special Education PTA and Arlington County Special Education PTA to host this FREE event. POSTPONED UNTIL FALL 2019. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS!
- June 20-23, 2019 – Registration is open for the National PTA Annual Convention and Expo in Columbus, Ohio! PTA members will be able to
- Engage with mission-minded peers and experts;
- Enhance your leadership skills through interactive workshops;
- Stay informed on trends and issues affecting our children; and
- Celebrate our standout members and student performers at our awards ceremony.
STUDENT PROGRAMS – 2018-19 school year:
- April 8: NOVA District PTA Student Awards Ceremony starting at 6:30 pm at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Auditorium. District Student Awards will include Reflections, Citizenship Essay, Power Plates, and Scholarships). PLEASE REGISTER HERE!
National PTA provides grants and awards throughout the school year. Check them out and apply to win!
Your partners in PTA,
Director – Debbie Kilpatrick
Assistant Director – Tony Shivers
Secretary/Treasurer – Denise Bolton
Please Like: https://www.facebook.com/NOVADistrictPTA/